Monday, February 8, 2010

Temporary Home

My sister sent me the link to the music video of Carrie Underwoods song (the one thats playing now on my blog), Temporary Home. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SR3BlsmH4 As I watched the beginning of it I just thought hmm, this is a pretty song, but as I listened to the last verse, the tears started to fall. The last visit we took down to Ephraim, my Dad said one thing to me the whole weekend that made any sense. I miss him everyday. I miss his terrible jokes he'd tell then laugh at himself. I miss the way he always knew what to say to comfort me during hard times in life. I miss feeling his hands place upon my head to give me a priesthood blessing. I miss him blinking both eyes at me from across the dinner table, it was a funny way you could tell he was trying to say I love you. I miss him coming out of his room in an outfit asking us if it matched (usually it barely passed). I miss going on walks with him and never being able to go more then a block without him stopping to tell me about a tree, or to pull a weed. I miss coming home to he and my mom gardening. I'm thankful for the gentle reminder this song gave me tonight, that our home in this world is just temporary. That wonderful things are waiting on the other side for us if we live right, and I believe without a doubt in my mind that my Dad has lived right.
me and dad having scripture time
With a lot of help from my older sister, he brought roses to my house after I had Taya. I still remember the spirit feeling so strong as he came into our home. I had a new baby straight from heaven and I could feel the distinct impression that he was also very close to the vail. Having Taya and him in the same room, both so close to heaven is a memory I'll cherish forever.

4 comments:

Perschon Family said...

i read this thismorning and started to tear up, but for some reasaon i have no tears left to cry. i seriously cried so hard at the movie last night that i had to wipe my snot on my shirt. gross huh! i cried SO hard every time i saw the dad. i hope you have a good trip down there this time. those pictures are so sweet. now i'm tearing up again!

The Christiansen's said...

I LOVE that last picture!

Our Family said...

did your mom tell you we saw eachother at andrews wedding!! That was good to see her, and since she likes me now grown up from our crazy stage together lol that made it even better :)

So you are in provo we live about 35 minutes from you and would love to get together!!! I don't have your number anymore with my sad old phone dying out on me, but do you have mine? CALL duh if you do!! if not just leave it on my blog since it is private no one weird will pick it up and then we can all finaly play YAY!!

Tara said...

That picture of you and your dad made me cry! That picture is the essence of what a father should be! Love it!