Today was a long day...who am I kidding this month has been a long month. for the 4 weeks we've been home from our cruise I've been in either Ephraim or Rangely doing hair, with hair apts in-between, and laundry, and cleaning, and trying to be a fun mom and wife, and I guess I just got a little fried! I'm crazy thankful for the opportunity I have to help financially and do hair because besides the extra money we need, I absolutely LOVE doing hair! Anyway long story short, some days ya just don't feel too appreciated for the millions of things you try to squeeze into a day and that was me today. As I sat and rocked Taya tonight (one of my best therapies) I sang I'm a child of God. As I sang the part "with parents kind and dear" and rocked her I got overwhelming feeling that my Dad was close and was aware I was feeling sad. I cried and remembered how he'd rock me as a little girl and make me feel so loved. He could always make a bad day better, and I missed him so bad. Then after I got done cleaning the house and taking a shower, I walked into our room to find this...
Derek doesn't know it yet but when I saw the flowers I started to bawl. They remind me so much of my Dad. I knew Dad had been a little part of a much needed boost from my sweet husband. It was the perfect "little thing" that I needed to feel appreciated and loved and will make for a much better day tomorrow. I feel blessed.
Way too LONG...
13 years ago




3 comments:
how sweet! love those little suprises.
I know how those days feel, and they are not easy. Your a great Mom, and Derek is a great husband for remembering to show his appreciation for you. We need to get together for sure!
This post made me choke up! We all have those days and thank goodness for sweet husbands who love us as well as others! I do the same thing sometimes when I sing to Charlee!
Post a Comment