Monday, August 15, 2011

silver lining

Exciting news first, Derek and I both got our first temple recommends since we've been together, and I dont think Saten is really liking it! ha as silly as that might sound. I don't think I have ever felt his "power" more in my life then I am right now. He knows we're working to become and eternal family and that is the one thing he'll do anything to destroy. So many little and trivial things keep going wrong and as exhausting as it has been, keeping our eyes on the prize which is being sealed obviously is keeping me sane and has helped put better perspective on Satens attempts to break us. The last bunch of events have been a little bit of a blur but between Derek finishing his associates, quitting Golden Living (where he's been employeed since last June) applying for a new job but having a 3 week space of no work in-between before he got it, while I had a crazy busy month doing hair in Ephraim, Provo, and Rangely. Lets see what else...oh wrecking the big car (minor wreck)having to figuring out insurance coverage that wasn't right, being CTR6 teachers (Our first calling together :), and trying to find a day that would work with his new jobs schedule that was still in the air,to recieve our Endowments and be Sealed, its been CRAZY! All trivial things that felt huge to deal with in the moment but ended up working out great in the end! ha anyway I had been looking at dresses online for me and the girls for about a week and I finally found the perfect ones...well Rylee picked hers out :) I planned on buying them the next day when we ended up getting in a wreck instead. I was so discouraged, I couldn't spend money on pretty white dresses because instead we had to spend the money on getting our car working again. I called my mom crying and frustrated and she said she'd buy the dresses and I could just pay her back when we got back on our feet. It might seem like a little thing but it was so huge for me! I needed to order the dresses so they'd be here in time for the Sealing which we're hoping to have the end of Sept. I was so thankful for my sweet mom in the middle of silly chaos. These beautiful dresses coming in the mail were the silver lining of all the frustrations. I cant wait to see my girls wear them in the Temple!
the big cars little bump and bruise from rear ending a pretty white new car in front of us :( Wasnt too bad but it popped the radiator so we couldnt drive it until it got fixed.
and...the silver lining :) How beautiful are they! I just love these 2 girls! dont worry a post of just them in their dresses is in the works.

No comments: