


The other day I spent about an hour picking peas out of my mom and dads garden with Rylee, and then sitting in the shade to eat them. Watching her pick her own peas and explore the garden, I was reminded of some of my most cherished days spent with my dad. My sisters and I used to help him plant things in the spring, and then helped pick everything in the fall. I loved coming home to my dad working in the garden, and its something I miss so much now that he cant . He loved working hand in hand with the Lords beautiful earth. This year however, my mom's the one who's had to take on the huge task of the garden. The other day while I was watching my Dad, I asked him what he wanted to go do with me and Rylee. His response just about broke my heart, he said, "All I want to do is go work in the garden." When the time comes, I sure hope The Lord will make sure theres nice big space of plain old dirt in heaven for my dad to transform into a beautiful garden.

Maybe Rylee will inherit my parents green thumbs. She finds everything so interesting in the garden. Its either rocks in her mouth or trying to pick up the bugs crawling by her feet, or pulling the leaves off of the plants.



1 comment:
i don't like when you make me tear up! too sad but at least we have the good memories of the garden and dad. those pictures of him were awesome!!!
Post a Comment