JUST TALKING WITH GRANDMA!
TODAY AS I PULLED UP TO MY PARENTS TO DO YET ANOTHER LOAD OF DREADED LAUNDRY, I SAW THE FAMILIAR SIGHT OF MY MOM WORKING IN HER FLOWER GARDENS. MY MOM HAS ALWAYS TAKEN SUCH PRIDE IN HER AMAZING TALENT OF MAKING HER SURROUNDINGS BEAUTIFUL. ITS ALWAYS BEEN SUCH A SAD TIME OF YEAR TO WATCH HER FLOWER MASTERPIECES DIE AWAY TO THE WINTER. BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I CAME TODAY IT WAS MORE COMFORTING THAN SAD TO SEE HER IN THE YARD PREPARING FOR WINTER. I'M SO THANKFUL SHE HAS THE HEALTH TO KEEP UP WITH SOMETHING SHE LOVES SO MUCH. THIS YEAR HAS BEEN SO DIFFERENT AND SAD FOR ME WATCHING HER DO ALL THE YARD WORK INSTEAD OF MY DAD. IT WAS THE KIND OF CHANGE I WISH I'D NEVER HAD TO SEE. I WISH FOREVER I COULD COME HOME TO BOTH OF THEM TENDING TO THE YARD BUT EVEN THOUGH THE SEASONS ARE CONSISTANT LIFE HAS TO CHANGE. IT JUST FELT GOOD TO SIT WITH HER IN THE COOL FALL AIR AND WATCH MY DAUGHTER FOLLOW HER EVERY MOVE. RYLEE ABSOULUTLY ADORES HER GRANDMA AND MY MOM MAKES SUCH AN EFFORT TO BE SO LOVING AND PATIENT WITH HER. I CANT WAIT FOR THE DAY WHEN RYLEE CAN COME HOME TO ME WORKING IN MY GARDEN WITH MY DIRTY CLOTHS AND WINDBLOWN HAIR! I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR AND I LOVE YOU MOM!









2 comments:
Ahh! That makes me wish I were there too! That was a sad/sweet post. I can't think too much about it or I'll start crying and I'll still be crying when you get here cause I'm so emotional right now.
I love that RY loves Grandma! That is so fun and sweet to see!
What a beautiful tribute to your mom. SHe really is great with Ry. Just from the times I have seen them together, your mom is so sweet and patient and seems to enjoy little ry so much! That's crazy how Ry can climb that HUGE ladder! I was scared just looking at that picture. But i'm always WAY more paranoid with ry than i am with my own kid. haha.
Post a Comment