Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Growing up I drug around a yellow ragedy and andy tricot blanket everywhere I went. I'd suck my finger and rub the ruffle all day long if I could. I even remember spilling something on the ruffle once and it was my favorite spot to rub because it felt different from the rest of the ruffle. I would sit by the washer when it was washed and then sit by the dryer while it dried. I still remember how much I loved that little blanket. Well now, for every grandkids 1st birthday present my mom makes a soft cozy tricot blanket. Early on with Taya though, we noticed she loved the feeling of silk on her face when she sleeps, so I went and found the cutest material and my mom being the gem she is just made Tayas blanket for her a little early! I love little traditions like this! I love tucking Rylee in at night with her silky blanket and watching her rub the ruffle to fall asleep just like I did. I loved watching Taya burrow her little face into the silk of her blanket tonight to fall alseep. I'm so glad my mom made these little "drag around blankies," as she calls them, a tradition cause my girls sure love theirs! Thanks mommy!




Rylee right after she got her blanky from my mom for her birthday



Taya sleeping with her blanky for the first time

3 comments:

Robert and Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! Taya's blanket (the colorful side) is the exact material I put on hold to buy to make for Makayla. Crazy! Isnt it funny how the babies love the silk blankets, I made a silky blanket like a month ago cuz mnm loves the silk. I wished I was as talented as your mom so I could make a blanket that nice and comfy. Although its probably a little to hot here for one like that.

Atwood Ohana said...

I love that material! Jadin loves his blanket you made him too! Oh my gosh!!! I still owe you money for that! Holy crap. Why don't you remind me of these things? It makes me feel so bad. Sorry!!!!! But I am going to try and make one for Skye. We'll see. They are so sweet to have for sure.

Geaneen said...

What sweet pictures!