Monday, October 19, 2009

BYE BYE BINKY


The first picture................... The Last picture


And a few of them in-between....


BYE BYE binky! Thanks for all the quiet time you've helped me give my mom and dad! I bet they're gunna miss you almost as much as me! Sorry I had to send you away into the sky, but mom said you were making my teeth "bucky teeth" and plus I've decided I'm gunna be a big girl and binkies are for babies! I'll miss you! love Lylee!

Yes I'm doing a blog in honor of our dear friend "the binky"! Even though she's only been getting her binky at nap, and bed time for the last year, looking at her teeth is giving me flash backs to my ugly teeth from sucking my finger so we've taken the leap and said peace out to the binky. I know this will sound so wierd but the sound of Rylee sucking her binky at night,when she was brand new, was one of the most comforting sounds in the world to me during such a hard time in my life. I remember taking her out of her bassenett, laying her next to me and just putting my face next to hers and falling asleep to "the binky sound." I'm sure its going to make some of you laugh but I'm getting teared up now just thinking of it. I've said it many times but Rylee saved our lives...and come to think of it now, I'm sure the binky saved hers a few times too :) We'll miss you binky!

5 comments:

Our Family said...

That is a good idea to get rid of the binki!! how is it working?

Sara Tramp said...

That is the cutest post i think i have ever seen!!! It made me want to cry :( I dont think i could ever have the strength to do that...

Natalie said...

Bye binky!! We have done that 1 time already and due to sickness or moving I gave it back! Stupid of me because now I want that thing gone. But it is soo convenient at church and when he is throwing a fit. That was a darling post. What program do you use to edit your pics? You always edit them so cute. The one with the balloons that was so cute.

Perschon Family said...

ah! you're going to make me cry over a binky now! how cute was that post!! way to go ry on being a big girl. and i have to agree, i LOVE the sound of babies sucking on their binky! I still love the sound of Luke sucking on his!! loved all the pics!

Atwood Ohana said...

So sweet! I love the idea of tying the binky to balloons and saying goodbye to it! You always are so sensitive to your kids feelings and think of something to make a dreaded situation something fun and memorable. Good for you! Love ya! I love that sound too (the binky-sucking sound). When Jake is gone, I love laying Skye right next to me in bed too and just listening to her sucking it. Jade never liked the binky so this is the first experience I've had with it. It's a special sound for sure. take care!