Sunday, November 8, 2009

wrappin fall up!

I swear we were just saying goodbye to summer and now fall is coming to an end too! We've managed to squeeze in a few fun things into the short season though, don't you worry! We've found the time to...
LEARN new tricks- Taya used to be our little mellow baby...key words used to! She's coming out of her shell and wanting to be crazy like her big sister. We finally figured out that wrapping her up as a "burrito baby" was the only way to get her to sleep and thats just what we had to do with Ry. For being such a solid little girl she's gotten pretty mobile in this last month. she's just about mastered crawling and pulls herself up to stand anytime she can. She's beautiful and just sweet as can be! We love our Taya!
GROW!- It still tugs at me a little when I watch and listen to Rylee. This little girl is so far past being a baby and I have no idea how it happened :) She's our "little miss thing" and I call her that a few times a day at least! She's full of attitude and arguments to go along with it! More then once a day she cracks us up with something she says or does. She's such a smart little girl and beautiful to go with it! We're so blessed to have such beautiful healthy and smart little girls!
COMPAIR faces- We've had a few people say Taya looks a ton like my mom. We've all been so used to thinkin she was a female clone of Derek we didn't even notice...what do you think!?
NAP!- Its not much of a rare occasion to go into one of the bedrooms and find one of Rylees toys taking a nap. She always has a blanket or a hand towel over them with just their heads poking out. In this case Ry was supposed to be the one napping and instead she said her Mermee (mermaid) needed a nap! :)


PLAY!-I remember when I was little that there was nothing more fun then playing in a big pile of leaves! Between Rylee running and jumping into them like a mad woman and Taya eating them, they both had a blast!
PRETEND!- I kinda sorta promised Derek that I wouldn't post these pics on the blog but when I was putting together pictures for this post I couldn't resist! (sorry der :) but coming out to find these two pretend playing princesses was so cute! Ry and Derek butted heads so much for a while it was enough to make me crazy, but over the last couple months they've really started to be little buddies.
BREATH- Theres nothing like a trip up the mountains to just remind you to breath! Its been a stressful month being in limbo waiting to hear about school. This day we just decided to run 20min away up the mountain and just relax and breath in the fresh mountain air. It was some good medicine!

HARVEST- We went to the pumpkin patch in Gunnison and the girls had a blast. Rylee couldn't believe how many pumpkins there were!
and last but not least....

INDULDGE! in the finer things of life!:) Rylee came running into my room crying saying Taya stole my cookie! I went out and found this!
and there ya have it...we've had time for a HAPPY FALL!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like such a fun fall! Your girls are so cute! Taya is just a doll. Hopefully you guys have a fun winter also! :)

Robert and Ashley said...

Love the pictures! Especially the one with Derek and Rylee playing princess! I cant wait for Rob to play with Makayla like that. We miss you guys! Cant wait till next month. Love ya!

Perschon Family said...

wow, quite the post! you always make them so cute! i think taya does look like mom...but more like der. you've been busy having tons of FUN i see..now come up and play with me!

Atwood Ohana said...

Okay...you win the following awards:
1) BEST MOM
2) CUTEST GIRLS
3) SWEETEST HUSBAND (who plays princcess with his daughter)
4) BEST FALL PICTURES OF FAMILY
5) BEST AUTHOR OF POSTS
6) PRETTIEST WOMAN
7) MOST CREATIVE
8) BEST PHOTOGRAPHER
9) BEST FRIEND....had to throw that one in there!