Monday, March 29, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYA BOOG!

Taya "Boog" Nikole is ONE!?
I don't care how many times ya hear it from moms, its true, time flies like a uncontrolable whirlwind once you have kids! One of my closest friends Andi just had her first baby, Laikynn a few days before Tayas birthday. As I was visiting her in the same hospital where I had Taya I couldn't believe it had already been a year sense we were there experiencing the same crazy excitement! Taya has been such a fun and sweet addition to our family. After you have your first kid you think how am I ever going to be able to love anyone else this much...then you have your second and some how the amount of love you can give, and recieve seems to double. I'm so thankful for the blessing my girls and Derek are in my life. I know it is a true blessing to be able to bring childeren into this world and not a day goes by that I don't feel thankful for that blessing in our
lives.
Sense one of Tayas first words was ball, and a ball is the first toy she will pick to play with, I thought hey I'll atempt to make a ball cake. This was my first try making fondant too so its a little bumpy but hey, Taya didn't care one bit :)...
I was epecting her to dive right in, instead she just ate the cake all dainty with her 2 first fingers. She wasn't about to let anyone else try her cake either, she totally blocked Ry from getting any (bottom right :)
And heres the aftermath! ya cant tell but she had cake all through her hair...wait a second she doesn't have any hair, I mean cake on her scalp :) And she was wired til almost midnight from all that sugar!
Sense she has been sick for the last week we weren't going to have much of a party for her. Our good friends Heidi and Andy from Rangely came to visit with their little kids and then last minute we called dereks little brother Devin and sister Megan, and our friends Gavin and Brit to come with their kids. It was so nice of everyone to come and make it a fun night for Taya. She got cute presents and had lots of fun!
Taya and Daxon...poor kid weighs about 5 lbs more then her but she still bullies him! I have a feeling before long she'll be the one running away!
This is how our poor girl has felt pretty much all week. We made sure she had 3 naps on her birthday just so she could feel happy for her party. But most of the time, shes been full of snot bubbles and tears :( Can't wait til she's feeling better and is back to her happy self!

3 comments:

Perschon Family said...

seriously, seeing that buger picture again made me laugh all over! so funny!

i really like your hair with more blond in it. i think all of the colors together look really rich and pretty but the extra blond is more striking. so pretty!

Justin and Tauna said...

that cake is so awesome, your so creative.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been a year since you had her! I totally remember reading your pregnant posts and the one right after she was born. It goes too fast! But she is SO stinkin' cute! And..that cake is AWESOME! I am WAY impressed!