
(this is a little entry for my own "family history" feel free to read :) FINALLY the days of Derek being a Wal-Mart employee are done! I know I know, during these times just having a job is something to be grateful for, so we were, and 2 1/2 years after working there its now time for a change. The plans when we moved here were to transfer to Wal-mart until derek could find a CNA job, but when school got so busy it was hard for Derek to go through the application process so he just stayed at wal-mart. Having the summer off school was one of those little "blessings in disguise" and Derek was able to get a job at a little care center in Orem. Having this job, thats in his actual career field will be the perfect stepping stone up. We're so thankful he was able to get hired, the hours have been better, they are willing to work around his class schedule, and the people he takes care of love him. I take the girls in at least once a week to visit the people there. I have always had a soft spot for elderly people, and they light up when the girls come to say hi. I think a little child just brings a brighter spirit into the room. I tell Derek every night when he comes home that his job is SO important. The actual work he has to preform for these people may not be exactly glamorous but I know after esperiencing it first hand with my own Dad, that having someone care for your loved one, professionally and with sensitivity is something you cant put a price on. I'll forever be thankful for those nurses who cared for my Dad in his final months, and I know there are sons and daughters out there who are so thankful for Derek right now too.
5 comments:
Thats awesome, great job Derek. I bet he is so good with them. Fred did that for a while, and it really is so important to remember that they are someones family too, and they didn't choose to have to have someone else take care of them. So I know he is being blessed for what he is doing. I remember going to Fred's work with the kids too, and seeing them get all excited like they were little kids themselves. I miss you guys tons!
What great news!!! good jod Derek
Happy anniversary! You guys are a great couple with two very adorable girls! I am glad Derek got a good job and that things are going good for ya! Your vacation looked like it was awesome! Hope you guys are all doing good! :)
Way to go Der! We are so proud of you for all your hard work. It seems like you have come SOOOO far since we first met you guys. Your family is so beautiful and Katie...you are an amazing wife and mom. You have always been someone i look up to (even though I am older...ahhaha) Give the kiddos loves from us. We miss you.
sniff sniff..the last part got me. love the scrubs....i'm so glad it is a good job!!
Post a Comment