Today Derek and I were trying to watch a little of the morning confrence, between Rylee needing her butt changed and climbing all over us, this message jumped out at me. Find Joy in the Journey. President Monsons morning talk was such an inspiring one, and one that we could really relate to! Derek was actually in the middle of picking up rylees toys when we heard Monson say, (paraphased) those of you who are still raising small children will find times when tiny finger prints seem to find there way on every newly cleaned serface, toys will be scattered through your home and the piles of laundry will seem endless but those times will pass and you'll look back on them and miss them! He said Find Joy in the Journey a few times through the talk, and It just felt like he was talking right to us. I hope I can do better at finding Joy in the wonderful life i've been blessed with .I have an amazing husband beautiful daughter, and a healthy tiny baby cookin right now thats finally not making me so sick! I'm thankful I remembered to turn on confrence cause even though we didn't watch all of it, I was hit by a message I needed. Somedays do feel endless and my mom job never seems to lighten but man its a rewarding job better than any other! Anyway just thought I'd share my warm fuzzy feelings :) have a good day
3 comments:
I loved his talk and hit me too! ha! even though me and Kyle are going through or trials doesn't mean I can't live my life and find joy in it! I'm glad you are doing good! so when do you find out what the sex is??
hum...was this talk given when I was pulling Max away from Luke after he hit Luke on his bare back (Luke was bare because he had just woken up from his nap and his diaper had leaked AGAIN all over his bedding and his clothes). Max hit Luke because Luke wanted to play with Max's crayons. I think that is why I missed it but it sounded great! hee hee!
I will have to read that one later after I recover from this week! I love that it hit you during that funny moment where it was like he was talking to you! You gotta love moments like that!
Katie! That was my favorite talk too. It was like he was talking right to us! He said that all too soon, those little fingerprints everywhere will disappear. That hit a sensitive spot and I keep thinking about how fragile life is and how we need to truly adore and appreciate every moment with those we love. Thanks for writing about it in your blog cause it just brought back those strong feelings in me again. love ya!
Post a Comment