Thursday, February 5, 2009

A daughter is a gift of love


LATELY I'VE BEEN FEELING LIKE AS A MOM I'VE BEEN FALLING A LITTLE SHORT. I ALWAYS HAD IT IN MY MIND, THE KIND OF MOM I WANTED TO BE. I ALWAYS SAW MYSELF BEING SUPER MOM. DOING PROJECTS ALL DAY WITH MY KIDS, LIKE MAKING PLAYDOUGH OR PUPPETS AND THEN PUTTING ON PUPPET SHOWS. I KNEW I WOULD BUT NEVER WANTED TO YELL AT MY KIDS OR BE A "MEAN MOM" WELL LETS JUST SAY THIS WEEK ESPECIALLY THERES BEEN A LOT MORE YELLING AND DEFINATLY NO PLAY DOUGH MAKING. ITS ALL KIND OF BEEN CATCHING UP WITH ME. WE'VE SPENT A LOT OF OUR DAY JUST WATCHING RYLEES FAVORITE SHOWS AND JUST GETTING THROUGH EACH TANTRUM AND ON TO THE NEXT DAY. YESTERDAY WAS AN ESPECIALLY ROUGH DAY AND WHILE I WAS SITTING ON THE COUCH RYLEE CAME IN AND SAW THAT I WAS CRYING. SHE CAME OVER SAT ON MY LAP AND PUT HER LITTLE HANDS ON MY CHEEKS AND SAID WHATS WRONG MOM NO CRYING. THEN SHE GAVE ME A BIG HUG AND SAID K, HAPPY MOM? SHE JUST MADE ME REMEMBER HOW BLESSED I AM TO HAVE HER AS MY DAUGHTER. I HOPE SHE'LL FORGIVE ME FOR HAVING THE SHORTCOMINGS I HAVE AS HER MOM BECAUSE I ALWAYS WANT TO DO MY BEST FOR HER. THIS SONG PLAYING MIGHT SOUND A LITTLE CORNY BUT I LISTENED TO IT ALL THE TIME WHEN RYLEE WAS FIRST BORN. SHE WAS REALLY WHAT KEPT ME FROM GIVING UP SHE PUT LIFE INTO PERSPECTIVE FOR ME. I COULDN'T IMAGINE NOR DO I EVEN WANT TO IMAGINE WHERE DEREK AND I WOULD BE WITHOUT HER. SHE SAVED OUR LIVES AND I THINK FOR THAT I OWE HER A DAY OF PLAYDOUGH MAKING AND SOME SOCK PUPPETS. I LOVE YOU RYLEE KATE...THANKS FOR LOVING YOUR IMPERFECT MOMMY!

5 comments:

Meggan Butterfield said...

Katie,
I really like your blog entry! I am still really new to this whole motherly thing but I too have in mind exactly what I want to be like as a mom and you hit it right on the head. But boy it sure it hard to live up to that expectation.For me I don't know where the day goes and I feel like a walking tornado nothing gets down around the house and I feel like such a mess. Anyways I hear ya, these little ones are so amazing and definitely add so much light to our lifes I have to tell my self to relax and enjoy the ride because loving her is far more important then a clean house and laundry being done.

Anonymous said...

That was such a sweet post. You are a great mom, and that song was so sweet. Rylee is lucky to have you, and she proves to know it... You guys should come over more often, my kids love having Rylee over.

Atwood Ohana said...

What a sweet post! I loved your honesty and sincerity! That's how you are and that's why i love ya! Ry is a special little girl. She has a HUGE heart...just like her mom. Don't feel like you are slacking on your mother duties! I am amazed at how much effort you put into getting out with her! Like going to the park in 30 degree weather just so she can get out of the house is GREAT! You are a sweetheart. And it's so special the thing you and Ry have. That's a HUGE part of why I am so girl-hungry! I pray that this baby is a girl so that I can have moments like those when I am crying, and she can just come hug me. Oh....and of course you'll be the first one i tell when I find out what i am having! So now you have to help me make cute baby things! haha. love ya!

Natalie said...

Sounds like be both have been feeling the same lately. Its so hard. But also remember..You are pregnant! You are aloud to feel stressed and overwhelmed. You are an amazing, sweet person. Life is tough with little kids.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Katie! You stop it right now!!! You are a wonderful Mom! I am sure of that! I know all of us moms get down and can be very hard on ourselves and it is just awful! I think it is a tool satan uses to try and destroy us because of the wonderful things we are doing for our beautiful children and families! I have to remind myself all the time that I am doing the best I can! And you know what, Reed loves me and thinks I'm the best thing ever and thats what really matters! :) And I know Rylee and your sweet baby girl on the way adore you no matter what!! P.S. I love the name Jerzi!!!! LOVE IT!!!