Sunday, April 12, 2009

IT WON'T BE LIKE THIS FOR LONG...

EARLY THIS MORNING WHILE I HELD TAYA AFTER A NIGHT OF 2 HOURS OF SLEEP AND A LOT OF CRYING BOTH ON HER PART AND MINE, THIS SONG PLAYING ON MY PLAYLIST, CAME ON CMT. I STARTED TO TEAR UP AGAIN WHILE I WATCHED DEREK IN THE KITCHEN GETTING READY FOR WORK AND RUBBING HIS EYES FROM BEING SO TIRED. HE CAME OVER TO GIVE ME A KISS AND TOLD ME WE'D BE OK, AND WHILE WE LISTENED TO THE SONG WE HAD TO LAUGH AT HOW IT JUST NAILED US RIGHT ON THE HEAD. I REALLY DO KNOW IT WON'T BE LIKE THIS FOR LONG...AND IN WAYS, FOR THAT I'M GRATEFUL AND IN WAYS THAT SENTANCE TUGS AT MY HEART....

GRATEFUL THIS PHASE WON'T LAST FOREVER


BUT IT TUGS AT ME THAT BEFORE WE KNOW IT RYLEE WON'T WANNA CLIMB ON TO DADDYS LAP,

TO GIVE HIM HUGS

OR THAT BEFORE WE KNOW IT THIS TINY FACE WILL BE TALKING BACK TO US


I HAVE TO HOLD ON TO MOMENTS LIKE THESE BECAUSE THEY'RE WHAT MAKE THE ENDLESS NIGHTS AND THE HARD WORK OF MOTHER HOOD WORTH ANYTHING AT ALL.

HOW LONG WILL RYLEE BEING EXCITED TO GET HER PRETTY EASTER DRESS ON AND GO TO CHURCH LAST? I HOPE SHE'LL ALWAYS HAVE THIS DESIRE AND LOVE THE GOSPEL BUT I'M SURE SHE'LL HAVE HER DOUBTING TIMES, SO TO HAVE HER STILL SO PURE AND INNOCENT STILL, IS SOMETHING I HAVE TO CHERISH!
I KNOW IT WON'T BE LIKE THIS FOR LONG, I'M SURE AS THEY GROW UP THERE WILL BE A LOT MORE OPPORTUNITIES FOR ME TO TAKE PICTURES OF THEM FIGHTING THEN PRECIOUS MOMENTS LIKE THIS. I CAME INTO THE ROOM AND FOUND RYLEE TELLING TAYA ALL ABOUT HER BOOK. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY I'M TIRED, EXHAUSTED AND SPENT AND FEELING OVERWHELMED BUT THE REMINDER THE SONG GAVE ME WAS EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED TO PULL ME THROUGH ANOTHER DAY OF A NEWBORN CRYING AND THE ENERGY OF MY 2 YEAR OLD. IT WONT BE LIKE THIS FOR LONG AND I DON'T WANT TO REGRET WISHING THIS TIME WOULD PASS.
He didnt have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Lay'n there in bed listen'n
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It gonna be OK
It wont be like this for long
One day soon we'll look back laugh'n
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
It wont be like this for long

Four years later bout four thirty
She's crawling in their bed
And when he drops her off at preschool
She's clinging to his leg
The teacher peels her off of him
He says what can I do
She says now dont you worry
This will only last a week or two

It wont be like this for long
One day soon you'll drop her off
And she wont even know your gone
This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It wont be like this for long
One day soon she'll be a teenager
And at times you'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the isle
And he'll raise her vale
But right now she up and cry'n
And the truth is that he dont mind
As he kisses her good night
And she says her prayers
He lays down there beside her
Till her eyes are finally closed
And just watch'n her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows
It wont be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah this phase is gonna fly by
He's try'n to hold on
It wont be like this for long
It wont be like this for long

9 comments:

Perschon Family said...

oh that song was PERFECT! i love when songs like that come on at just the right time!! i remember feeling similar right after we had Luke! i felt like i was never going to get to sleep again and now the only reason i don't get enough sleep is cause i stay up too late to get stuff done that he undoes during the day! hang in there! love ya!!! (thanks for that song! i loved it!)

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet. I know exactly what your going through and I can also promise u that it won't last long. I'm sorry your not getting much sleep, but it's worth it! Those pictures are so adorable. It almost makes me baby hungry:) Good luck, I will come see u soon. Loved that song too...

Anonymous said...

That song IS perfect and definitely one of my faves. So I don't have kids of my own so I have NO idea how you're feeling, but I do know that just watching my nieces and nephews grow up it definitely does fly by. I wish I had something comforting to say, but like I said, I have no idea what you're going through. But if it's any consolation, your girls are both adorable and from what I can tell you are an amazing mom, and I really look up to you.

Our Family said...

Man alive I hit a wall this week!!! I'm glad I looked at your post to get me through another week with my husband going to be gone again this weekened starting thursday leaving me to fend for myself as two children cry and wine and then wanna give me hugs and play dress up whirlwind of emotion. I'm sure I will miss these little moments that won't last when they are older. Also a question, how in the world do you do the collage of pictures. I can't figure it out foe the life of me.

Anna said...

that was sweet katie. i found your blog and have thought a lot about your cute family since i saw you those couple times at the hospital. your girls are adorable and i'm sure your husband takes care of you guys so well! i'm amazed that you're a mother of two now! you just keep trucking on!

Natalie said...

Hey! Hopefully soon you will get some sleep. I know sleeping is just starting around here. We have been dealing with teething! :( Yuck 4 teeth all at once. Being sleep deprived is a terrible feeling. But you have to beautiful little girls try and think of the positive things you have in your life! Babies grow up way too fast! You are an awesome mommy! I would also like to know how you do your picture collage so let me know!

Atwood Ohana said...

I am the worst friend...and aunty to my little Ry. I didn't even know her birthday was on the 10th! I knew it was in April but for some reason I thought it was the 20th! I am so sorry RYLEE! But Katie, you did a good job on her cute polka-dotted cake! I loved your latest post too. We all need to think in that way for sure. We loved your visit today! Rylee is getting so sweet and big. She is a perfect example for Jade. We would love to tend her sometime when you and Derek just need a little breathing time. And you look AMAZING!!!!! You don't even look like you had a baby!!!! I'm sorry it's been rough these past couple of weeks. I am here for you though. Please please please ask me for anything. I would LOVE any oppertunity to do something for ya!

Sims Family said...

i heard that song the other day and i love it so much! i am sorry it is hard but your little fam is so so beautiful! i love you tons sorry we havent figured out a time for me to come visit but i understand it is just too hard and all that! i love you tons thither!

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

Katie, having a newborn is such a sweet time yet so hard too! You are awesome! I always say I can handle just about ANYTHING as far as Reed acting out or people ticking me off or whatever......IF I AM WELL RESTED!!! But, when your lacking sleep, it is plain HARD!!! Hang in there! You seem to have so many friends and family that love you guys and are willing to help! I'll keep your sweet family in my thoughts and prayers! It will get easier and those darn hormones will get straightened out too! Youre wonderful! Truly!