I've had a hard time doing this post. Its one that I keep thinking I'll do, but then I find something else to do to keep busy instead. I want this post for my records when I print out my blog though so here it goes. I know its not a perminant goodbye but it feels like it now. Going through all these pictures was hard. Going down to Ephraim and knowing to visit my dad, I have to visit his grave is hard. Seeing my mom a widow is hard. Missing my Dad has been hard. Regardless of how hard and sad death is, I'm thankful for the Gospel in my life and for the reasurance it brings that if I live right, someday I will see my wonderful Dad again. Like I said in my talk at his funeral, I can't wait to feel him in the world around me. From newly bloomed flowers, to his presence at the little and big milestones me and my little family experience. Here are a few pictures of his beautiful funeral service. Me along with my 6 other siblings spoke at his funeral, there were beautiful musical numbers, beautiful flowers, and lots of tissues. 4 hours before his viewing on Thursday my mom, the wind, and her greenhouse got into a fight...and the greenhouse won. A glass pannel from the door fell and sliced the back of my moms ankle. Luckily Derek was with me cause I just ran around like a baby sense there was so much blood. Derek wrapped her ankle rushed her to the ER. 20 stitches, and a priesthood blessing later, here came my mom boot, iv for antibiotics and all, 10 min before the viewing started! It was a scary little incodent! Anyway I've finally summed up the week. Thank you to all my wonderful friends and relief-society sisters for the love and support they've shown. You made a hard time much easier.
This was our last picture with Dad before he passed.
Me and my beautiful sisters
Dads memory table
My oldest nephews were the pallbearers. It was my nephew Jacksons 16th birthday the day of Dads funeral so in honor of that, he got to drive the hurst.
The beautiful flowers. I'm sure Dad loved them
All 7 kids. Alan, Robert, Anthony, Lucy Liz, Amy and Katie
I planted my first little flower garden of my own this year. This is the first bloom, and a beautiful reminder of my Dad.



















4 comments:
That was a beautiful post Katie. Things will get easier even though the memory of him will never be lost. The gospel is amazing. I'm glad you are leaning on it as your crutch. I hope you are doing well.
ah, that last pic of you and der with dad made me tear up! so HARD!!!
Love all the pictures, they will be great memories. What a hard time to go through, I'm sure your dad is very thankful for all the time you spent with him in the past few years. Let me know if you need anything, or a little time away from the kiddos. You can come drop them off any time. Love the post!
So, so sorry you have to go through this. I can't even imagine.
And yes, we should play! Call me!
Post a Comment