For each granddaughters 12th Birthday we have a girls dinner party to celebrate them becoming "women" Its a fun and special tradition in our family and one I know I'll love to have around for my daughters. Anyway tonight we celebrated my niece Lexi's 12th Birthday and I decided to make her a special cake...it ended up being quite the adventure! First...I took a picture of the cake all done except for the candles and flowers, which I had planned on adding when we got to the restaraunt...
I placed this almost finished cake on the table and took a quick picture cause I was soo excited about how my 3+ hrs of hard work had payed off! Luckily Taya is an amazing napper and napped the whole time I was creating this...Anyway I went into the kitchen/salon to style my moms hair before we went to the party and when I finished I came out into the dining room to find this...
This picture is missing its key ingredient Taya who had woken up from her nap right as I had finished the cake! She climbed right up sat on the table and had at the cake, while I was doing my moms hair! I of course had a little mental meltdown and after Grandma rescued Taya and took her and Rylee outside, I worked on saving my masterpiece....
You can see a few imperfections but after touching up the cake, along with my smeard eyeliner from being a baby and crying about it, I reminded myself it was going to be eaten in an hr anyway and decided it looked good.
Its so fun to see Lexi becoming a young woman. I cant believe how fast time has gone, I still remember welcoming her home from hawaii when she was 2 and she was so shy! Now she is a fun loud and happy 12 yr old, CRAZY!
Its so fun to get together with my family. Dad would've gotten so mad at our table manners though :)
so my tears were pointless to shed afterall...It was fun to look at for the few hrs it lived though, and it was TONS of fun to make! The End :)











5 comments:
WAY cute! I love it! And am way impressed! Nice job covering up the little finger holes. I would have never known if you hadn't told us!
wow!!! you are amazing! that tradition is one that i'd like to try too. good idea! Angie loves her new stroller from you! Hope you are doing good. BY the looks and READS of it, you seem way happy and your family is so darling. take care.
Katie, your cake turned out so cute!! Even with Taya's additions to it!!
seriously...so lucky mom was there to save taya! she really had fun with it huh? you made it look so good afterward i didn't think she did much to it...the picture says otherwise. seriously, a business option for you!
What a cute tradition and a freakin cute cake! You did an awesome job!
Post a Comment