Growing up at the beginning of each new year I remember my parents having a special devotional with us to decide our goals for the next year and we'd come up with a rhyming theme for the year ie..be the best we can be in 2003! so as corny as it is, I'm dubbing this year to "making our home an earthly heaven...in 2011" and I just know that dad of mine would be tickled that I caught on to he and my moms little tradition :) Some days without even trying our home feels like an earthly heaven, my girls are in sweet moods, Derek and I are patient and its easy to enjoy them, and there is a perfect sence of peace and love. Those are some of my happiest times as a mom. Other days our home seems far from heaven, from the kids fighting and our patience wearing thin, I hope on those days I can find ways to better invite the spirit to our home. I pray I can learn better ways to keep my cool and be patient cause at the end of the day when I put my pretty girls to bed I always wonder how could I ever be frustrated with someone so pure and amazing...thank goodness for new days right?! Anyway the next few pictures are some of us with our families bringing in the new year, we had lots of fun and were so thankful we were able to fit both families into the weekend. We're lucky to have such a wonderful support system wrapped up in our familes and we love them all to pieces! Happy New Year!
We went sledding with Dereks parents and Tonya new years weekend. It was FREEZING but the girls still had a blast! I love how fun Dereks parents are with our girls, they're such good grandparents! The above pic is of Tonya pushing Judy and Ry :)
This picture shows exactly what I mean, Robert getting right down with Ry to do snow angels. We sure love them!
almost a perfect family pic...poor rys face must have been frozen from her last ride down the hill :)
And this kiddo was a total wuss when it came to sledding so she ended up just sitting and playing in the snow :)
Ry and aunt Tonya...my girls LOVE when she makes the long and expensive trip out here and so do me and Derek. We cant wait til she can live closer!
just cause they're cute :)
Derek rocking his Michael Jackson outfit! i couldn't resist posting thes pics, lets be honest they're too awesome to hide!
This whole collage is of New Years Eve. We stayed up til 3:30 playing games with Dereks cousin Clint and his wife Tiffany, and a few of Judy's syblings and a few of their kids came for a while too. Lets just say catch phrase is an addicting game! We stayed the night and then left early to get to my familes party in Ephraim :)
We got down to Ephraim just in time to have our New Years Day lunch and party with my family. It was our first family gathering without Dad, needless to say I really missed him. I did noticed a peaceful feeling a few times through that day though and knew he wasnt too far. Losing Dad was by far the hardest thing this year brought. The 3+ years of him suffering were so hard but actually losing him from this earth has left a void for me that I cant explain. I still find myself walking into my parents house thinking he'll be up in the rocking chair. I miss him every day. Even with the passing of my sweet Dad, 2010 was wonderful year. A year full of lots of new friends, moving to a new city, Derek starting 2 new jobs, going to 2 different schools, and us making gradual progress towards our Temple goals. The girls obviously have changed and grown a TON in the last year. We had a few set backs in the school catagory but hopefully will be right back on track. Most of all we're all healthy and happy starting this new year, and that alone is a huge blessing! Happy 2011!












No comments:
Post a Comment