WE WERE LEAVING MY FRIENDS HOUSE AND AS DEREK BUCKLED RY INTO HER CAR SEAT HE TOSSED THE KEYS INTO THE FRONT SEAT AND THEN SHUT RY'S DOOR. HE WEN'T AROUND TO START THE CAR ONLY TO FIND THAT THE KEYS HAD LANDED ON THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE KEY FOB AND LOCKED THE DOORS. HE TRIED ALL THE DOORS BEFORE COMING TO GET ME IN THE HOUSE TO TELL ME TO GET A METAL HANGER. I DIDN'T FREAK OUT UNTIL HE TOLD ME TO HURRY BECAUSE RY'S ALREADY IN HER SEAT. WHY DON'T WE HAVE A SPARE KEY YOU ASK...I DUNNO WE JUST HADN'T GOTTEN ONE MADE FOR OUR NEW CAR YET BUT ANYWAY...I WAS FRANTIC! I RAN OUT TO THE CAR AND TALKED TO RY TRYING TO TELL HER HOW TO GET OUT OF HER BUCKLE. LAUREN WAS INSIDE CALLING SOMEONE TO COME UNLOCK THE DOORS BUT TIME SEEMED TO BE STANDING STILL. I FELT SO HELPLESS WATCHING MY LITTLE GIRL ALL BUCKLED INTO SOMETHING THAT NORMALLY KEEPS HER SAFE AND NOW IT WAS THE THING RESTRICTING HER FROM BEING ABLE TO REACH THE UNLOCK BUTTON. BEFORE LONG RYLEE STARTED SWEATING AND CRYING ASKING ME TO OPEN THE DOOR. OF COURSE I WAS BAWLING TOO! I CALLED MY SISTER WHO COULD ONLY UNDERSTAND HALF OF WHAT I SAID BUT SHE FINALLY JUST SAID BREAK THE WINDOW ITS NOT WORTH IT! I TOLD THE COP TO JUST BUST THE WINDOW, BUT HE KEPT REASSURING ME WE DIDN'T NEED TO YET CAUSE IT WASN'T HOT ENOUGH TO HAVE RY IN SERIOUS DANGER. I KEPT THINKING WHAT DO YOU KNOW? I'M HER MOM AND SHE'S SWEATING AND CRYING..BREAK THE DANG WINDOW. WELL LONG STORY SHORT AFTER ABOUT 15 20 MINUTES WHICH FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY RYLEE WAS ABLE TO WIGGLE OUT OF HER BUCKLE. I WAS ABLE TO GET HER TO THE DOOR AND JUST TOLD HER TO PULL SHE STARTED MESSING WITH A FEW THINGS ON THE DOOR TIL SHE FINALLY PULLED THE UNLOCK PART. I GRABBED HER UP AND HELD HER FOREVER BAWLING. DURING THAT 20 MINUTES I PROBABLY THREW UP ABOUT A MILLION PRAYERS. WHAT IF IT HADN'T HAD BEEN CLOUDY TODAY, WHAT IF DEREK HAD BUCKLED HER WHOLE BUCKLE INSTEAD OF JUST THE TOP PART, WE WOULD'VE HAD TO BREAK THE WINDOW WHICH OBVIOUSLY WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN A BIG DEAL OTHER THEN THE PART OF SHATTERED GLASS FLYING AT HER WOULD HAVE BEEN DANGEROUS TOO. OVERALL IT WAS JUST TRAMATIC! I WANT TO CRY NOW JUST PICTURING HER CRYING BEGGING ME TO OPEN THE DOOR. I HOPE I NEVER HAVE TO WATCH MY CHILD BE THAT SCARED AGAIN IT WAS HORRIBLE! ANYWAY I'M THANKFUL FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS. I'M THANKFUL FOR A SMART LITTLE GIRL WHO'S SAFE AND SOUND TUCKED IN HER BED NAPPING, AND I'LL BE THANKFUL WHEN I HAVE 20 SPARE KEYS!
Way too LONG...
13 years ago



4 comments:
Funny that I got a comment from you cause I had just been reading your blog about an hour ago... I looked through so many posts. You seem like the cutest sweetest mom... and I LOVE your post about what you gave up to have what you have... I am sure all mothers agree. Your new baby is adorable. I wanted to talk to you at Scandinavian Days, but before I knew it you were gone and no where to be seen. I hope all is well other than your tramatizing incident this afternoon!
Oh man. That made me nervous just reading about it! You're such a good mom to be so worried- that truly shows how much you love her! Good girl, Ry. Way to save the day!
OH my goodness! this sounds so scary! I never thought about a child suffocating in a locked car before now. Thanks for the insight! Poor Ry...but I am so thankful she is a good wiggler and could get out of the buckle. You are a great mom. I hope you know that! Love ya!
ya, NOT fun! i've never heard you that hysterical before! i was scared for ya only cause i've felt the same feeling with max! it is such a helpless feeling. i'm so glad she got out. she is a smart little girl that is for sure. and holy cow you've been busy. so fun to have friends.
Post a Comment