Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bonkas, Papas, Grandmas or Grandpas, whatever they may be called we're so happy to have them!

This monday I took the girls up to see Dereks Grandpa and Grandma Jensen. It was their first time meeting Taya and as I took a million pictures...cause thats just what I do, I really felt so much love! I only met one of my grandpas, so to have my daughters get to meet their great grandparents is just special to me. I can't find a picture of Dereks Grandpa and Grandma Miller both with Rylee only his grandpa and even though they haven't been able to meet Taya yet sense they live in California they'll be able to meet her this summer. Rylee was the first grandchild in Dereks family and they have always just spoiled her with tons of love and attention! We lived in Rangely with and by Dereks parents for Rylees 1st year of life, so she got so much time with them and they were alway so sweet with her. I've been so thankful to be close to my parents as my dads health gets worse because I've always wanted my kids to know my dad. Even though they won't know him the way I really wish they could I at least can have these pictures for them to remember him by. My mom has been so good to be patient with my crazy rylee...in any given 30 minutes at their house Rylee will probably either empty moms rain barrel, turn on a hose and blow the drip system or spill a potted plant...the list could go on for days! For some reason when we moved down here and Ry started talking good she came up with the name of Bonka for grandma! Both my mom and Judy have loved it and even though Ry can say grandma just fine now we all call them bonka instead. Anyway...just feeling greatful our daughters have such wonderful great bonkas and pa pas and bonkas and papas to love them! we're blessed with wonderful families!

Ry with Great grandma and grandpa Jensen

Taya with Great grandma and grandpa Jensen

3 generations

Ry with great pa pa Miller


I love these pictures...Judy's mom makes all the new great grandbabies these hats and I absolutly love them! little traditional gifts like these are my favorite!


Bonka Judy and Rylee


PaPa Miller and Ry

Bonka Judy with Taya

PaPa Miller with Taya


Bonka with Ry bee
PaPa with Rybee
Bonka and Taya
Papa and Taya
Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old. ~Mary H. Waldrip

1 comment:

Perschon Family said...

Ok so Der putting on 2 different shoes just totally cracked me up! I laughed out loud! Go Der!!!

I love when kids love songs like Ry loves that song!

And those grandparent pictures are priceless! The ones with Mom and Dad almost made me tear up! Very cute post!