As I put together the collages for this post, I found myself getting all sorts of choked up and teary eyed. When I think back 3 years when I was pregnant with Rylee I still to this day feel overwhelmed with so many emotions. I know Derek didn't feel ready for fatherhood, heck I didn't feel ready to be a mom either! But now as 3 years has past and we've added another little girl to our family, I look at the man Derek has worked to become and feel so blessed. I always knew he was a good man and I'm so thankful he chose to be in our lives because I honestly don't know what we'd do without him. I know that fatherhood has changed his life for the better in so many ways. To see him with our girls melts my heart. I love listening to him and Rylee wrestle and play he acts just like a little kid with her. Rylee has been a complete mommys girl and is like a magnent stuck to me, and her and Derek already butt heads when one of them is in a bad mood. No matter what though any time Derek goes to work or class, Rylee double checks with me that "daddy always comes back." I know the security he brings into her life is so important and always will be. He's so cute with Taya too. I love when he comes in and says "Hi minny me" which she really is a minny him. He'll coo and make cute little noises with her and gets her giggling so hard! Watching him be so soft and loving is so precious to me. Basically He is a wonderful husband to me and daddy to our little girls! He probably won't ever read this but if you do Derek I love you so much and thank God everyday that our Daughters have you for their daddy. Every little girl needs a Daddy I'm so thankful you stepped up to be such an amazing one! I love you babe Happy Fathers Day!
Derek today (Fathers Day) wearing the awesome #1 dad crown Ry made for him in nursery!
I of course can't go without honoring our own daddys! I know I speak for both Derek and myself when I say we were blessed with great fathers growing up! I know I've said it a million times but I really couldn't have asked for a better Dad! He's taught me SO many things here are a few random bits of knowledge and lessons he installed in me as I grew up:
*Pansies are eatible! I always thought he was so cool when he'd pop off a flower and just eat it!
*Datsuns will run forever if ya take good care of them! Treating our things with respect was always big with my Dad. He'd buy the best he could afford and then make it last!
*You'll end up with a nice hand print on your face if ya tell your mother to shut up! I can only remember my dad taking a hand to me 2 times in my life! and one of them was for telling my mom to shut up. My mom will always be my dads sweetheart, and he never took disrespecting her lightly!
*You'll end up with a nice hand print on your face if ya tell your mother to shut up! I can only remember my dad taking a hand to me 2 times in my life! and one of them was for telling my mom to shut up. My mom will always be my dads sweetheart, and he never took disrespecting her lightly!
*You'll also end up with a nice hand print on your butt if ya lie! Ha the other time he spanked me for lying about peeing on the deck, why I peed on the deck I have no idea now, I was probably only 4 but I'll always remember it. He said I didn't spank you for peeing on the deck I spanked you for lying about it! Lying was never taken lightly by him either. He's one of the most trustworthy men I've ever known and I try hard to emulate that quality of his!
*Work hard! Dad was a work horse, wether it was working in the garden, as an EMT, for the forest service or as a College Professor, he took pride in his work.
*Grilled Cheese sandwiches are best when dipped in chocolate milk! Dad could fix any bad day by making ya a grilled cheese and chocolate milk! (dont knock it til ya try it! :) )
*Patience is a virtue!...and one that for me doesn't come easy! Dad however has always been incredibly patient! now that I'm raising 2 girls I wonder how he didn't run out of patience after helping raise 7 of us!
*Put the Lord first and everything else will fall into place. My dad has always lived his life in a way that showed me he truely loves our Savior and the Gospel. A while ago I asked him how he wasn't mad at God for letting this disease attack him. His response showed me He truely does love and trust the Lord. he just simply sad "I know this is just my trial in this life."
dad growing up
I love my Dad so much I hope I can always remember the many lessons he's taught me both by word and example! Happy Fathers Day Dad!










2 comments:
What a cute post, your husband sounds so cute with your girls. And your dad is awesome, I took a Microbiology from him in college and he was an awesome teacher. He knew so much and I thought he taught it well. Plus your dad know's Navajo, I remember going to a couple of wedding receptions with my parents when I was a little bit younger, and we would run into your parents, and my mom would talk to your dad in Navajo. I thought it was cool. My mom thinks the best of your dad.
You are putting me to shame on the sweet, thoughtful posts! I love checking your blog! You always have the best pictures too! Geesh! At least I didn't cry reading this one...liked that you added the humor! I wonder why no one else thinking the chocolate milk and grilled cheese is a good idea!
Post a Comment