
As I woke up this morning I secretly hoped for tickits to be on my bed to some all inclusive get away, breakfast in bed, and a day where I wouldn't have to lift a finger! Well when I woke up, I woke up to crying...and Mom...I gotta PEE! (my usual alarm clocks :) So after a morning of the same old same old, feeding kiddos breakfast, and getting the girls ready for church, by the time we got to church I was a little onry. I kept thinking why the heck can't just one day be completely different from the rest. It wasn't until we got home from church when Rylee gave me a big hug and said, "Mom happy mothers time, you're the best." Then I realized, the reason I get to be included in mothers day, is because I'm a MOM! Being a mom isn't the kinda job that you ever take a day off of. Even if I was on an all inclusive trip right now I'd be thinking and worrying about my girls. As hard, frustrating, tedious, and routine my job can feel at times, I know without a doubt in my mind, it is the most important roll I'll ever play here on this earth. Plus Derek came home from another long night of work with flowers and gave me a hour long massage, so that helped the day be better too :) Anyway I was riased by a mom who took so much time each day to teach me. Wether it was how to sew, cook or clean, or if it was just something she did by example like read and study her scriptures. Derek was raised by an amazing mother too. He completely adores his mommy...we both do! scratch that, all 4 of us do! Both of our girls love seeing their grandmas. We both come from homes where our parents have stuck it out together, we both come from homes where the gospel has been taught by example and word, we both come from AMAZING women. Hats off to you Mom, and Judy, you both did a wonderful job dealing with us rotten kiddos. I admire both my Mom and Judy more then either of them will ever know, and I'm so thankful that my girls get to have such fun and sweet grandmas in their lives! Happy Mothers Day!
How beautiful are our moms!





2 comments:
that was a sweet post! and i LOVE the picture of mom dancing and with a mohawk! classics! (and mom LOVES your girls...and i love how she has a special bond with Ry! so cute!)
Thanks Katie! Wow your blog is seriously the most beautiful blog I have ever seen! The photos are perfect the music is perfect and your stories are awesome! Your dad sure sounds like an amazing man and that hair kit for Riley (think I spelled that wrong) is too cute! You guys are a fun family, we should play sometime. :)
Post a Comment